The Path to Excellence would like to work with third sector and interest groups in South Tyneside and Sunderland who support people who may face barriers to taking part in the consultation. In particular, we are interested in groups that represent people who may be more impacted by any potential changes, to ensure their voices are heard.
We’re asking local third sector and interest groups if they would be interested in holding focus groups about this work anytime between now and the end of September 2017. We would appreciate it if you could also circulate the online survey to your networks. We can offer a support package and a small payment for your time.
If this is something you would be interested in, please take a look at the information below and contact Alex Rodger (firstname.lastname@example.org) to return the ‘expression of interest’ form – this is to ensure you receive the support and payment.
We will provide an information pack and advice in order to help you to deliver this to your networks – and if you run them during our dedicated focus group fortnight from 11th – 24th September 2017 – the Path to Excellence team will provide enhanced support during the two weeks.
Why not organise your group for September now – set a date, arrange a venue and issue invitations to ensure people have lots of notice and can attend.
The focus group offer includes:
- Online and telephone support if required on how to run an effective focus group with your stakeholders/service users
- Free Webinar online training session with our team of experts, including practical tips on how to run an effective focus group – Wednesday 6th September at 2pm (we will give you instructions on how to join this if you have not taken part in a webex before – computer and internet access is needed)
- Focus group toolkit – discussion guide and tools
- Payment of £100 plus reasonable event expenses
- Requirement to provide a short output report of each focus group feedback to the Path to Excellence
- Requirement to request data monitoring information from participants and provide that data back to the Path to Excellence to monitor equalities.
Focus Group Toolkit