The Path to Excellence is a five-year transformation of healthcare provision across South Tyneside and Sunderland.
It has been set up to secure the future of local NHS services and to identify new and innovative ways of delivering high quality, joined up, sustainable care that will benefit our population both now and in the future.
This website will keep the community up to date with healthcare reviews, patient engagement, consultations and any potential clinical service changes in the South Tyneside and Sunderland area as we work towards these goals.
The Path to Excellence has started early work on Phase Two of the programme for three areas of hospital care. The areas of care are:
- Acute medicine and emergency care
- Emergency surgery
- Planned care including surgery and outpatient care
The programme has published an issues document called Case for Change that you can read here.
The four NHS organisations involved in the South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Partnership are:
- NHS South Tyneside Clinical Commissioning Group
- NHS Sunderland Clinical Commissioning Group
- South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust
- City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust